الأحد، 28 نوفمبر 2010

For the love of others



 Adawi relates:


“On the day of the Battle of Yarmūk, I went out in search of my cousin. I carried with me a water skin and a small container thinking that if he were still alive, I would give him some water to drink and wipe his face with it. I found him on the verge of death and offered to give him water to drink. He motioned that he wanted it. Then we heard another man moan in pain. My cousin then motioned to me to give the water to him. It turned out that the other man was Hishām son of Al’as, the brother of Amr Alas. I went to him and offered to give him the water, and then another man moan in pain. Hishām motioned to me to take it to him, so I went,only to find that he had already died. Then I returned to Hishām, but he had also died. 
Then I went back to my cousin, but he had died as Well.”


The Lives of Noble Figures (Siyar s`lam al-nubala'), 23 volume by A.Dahabi


and you still ask how a 40,000 men ended defeating 400,000 at Yarmuk.  ;)

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق